Pawning or selling items at a pawn shop is one of the best ways to get money quickly. One of the most common questions our customers ask is what the best things to pawn are. And what are some things pawn shops always buy? At Mo Money Pawn Shop, we’ve been the top pawn shop in Phoenix for more than 35 years, and we’ve seen it all.
How Does Pawning Work?
When you want to pawn something in Phoenix, it helps to know your options ahead of time. Bringing something to us, we’ll usually give you the option to either pawn or sell it. If you sell your item, you generally get more money upfront, but the sale is final. Pawning an item, however, is a short-term loan that uses your item as collateral. This is very useful if you have bad credit, as a pawn shop loan doesn’t impact your credit rating at all. If you can’t pay the loan back in time, we’ll simply sell the item.
When you bring something to our showroom or our drive-up window, our team of experts will appraise it and make an offer based on its value. We’ve been serving the Phoenix area for decades, and we offer the most competitive rates for both pawning and selling.
What Can I Pawn for $300?
While the exact pawn value of any item will vary based on its condition and the level of demand, there are some things pawn shops always buy (or almost always buy). Many of these can net you $300 or more:
- Tools: You can often get a great deal when you bring power tools to a pawn shop, especially when they’re a name brand.
- Designer clothing and accessories: While you may not think of a pawn shop as a first stop when you’re buying clothes, we often stock designer labels. Purses and small accessories are some of the most valuable items we buy.
- Musical instruments: Musical instruments can be very valuable, especially if they’re in good condition. Make sure to include accessories like bows and mutes for the greatest return.
- Collectibles: If you have a collection of sports or trading cards, this may easily net you $300 at our pawn shop. Make sure to point out any cards that are particularly rare or in-demand.
What Can I Pawn for $500?
Some of the best things to pawn for $500 or even more are high-demand items that are in good condition. Some of the most valuable things you can pawn include:
- Firearms: While the rules for pawning firearms are a bit more strict than other items, it’s common for licensed, registered guns to net our customers at least $500.
- Jewelry and precious metals: These are easy to store and resell, and they maintain their value over time, so they’re some of the best things to pawn. Even if they’re broken or tarnished, you may be surprised at their value.
- Electronics: High-end electronics such as flat screen televisions, sound systems, and tablets can be particularly in-demand. For the best value, make sure to bring in any chargers, cables, and other accessories as well.
See What you Can Pawn in Phoenix Today
Whether you’re pawning or selling, we at Mo Money Pawn Shop are proud to offer the best rates in the East Valley. Our main showroom is located at 1152 East Indian School Road in Phoenix, and we’re open from 10 AM to 7 PM daily, and to sell or pawn from 8 AM to 11:45 PM. While the best way to learn what your items are worth is to bring them in, you can also send us general questions online or give us a call at 602-279-4417. We always love to hear from customers, and we’ll be glad to let you know what the best things to pawn at any specific time are.
Image Source: Mehaniq / Shutterstock